Bluetooth speakers have become popular these days. This is no surprise because wireless Bluetooth speakers make it easier to provide a convenient sound system and music player for outdoor activities. Bluetooth speakers are also portable devices; you do not need any connection wires like typical speakers.
You can carry them around with you while hiking, place them in the beach sand to enjoy your lounging, or position them on your car’s dashboard to enjoy good background music while driving. Moreover, Bluetooth speakers have their own power sources. So you can go to places without available electric or power outlets and still have your speakers be able to function for hours.
Establishing a Bluetooth connection or pairing your Bluetooth speakers with other devices is an easy task. You just have to go to your setting menu, look for the Bluetooth feature, then press the enable button. On the part of the Bluetooth speakers, you can simply press the Bluetooth button to make the speaker discoverable by any active devices.
How to Fix a Bluetooth Speaker
However, it cannot be avoided that in making the pairing or while using Bluetooth speakers, problems may arise. The most common of the problems is the connection between the speaker and device.
Bluetooth speakers that delay sound when using it with the laptop or other devices is one of the common problems that frustrate users. To remedy this problem, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Check for the compatibility of the speaker and your laptop and check if the speaker supports the software of your laptop. If not, you can update the firmware of your Bluetooth speakers. If your Bluetooth speaker is an old version of Bluetooth 2.0, it is better to look for a newer version because the bandwidth of such an old version will surely cause sound lagging.
- Examine the Bluetooth speakers. See if they are powered on and if they are adequately charged for usage. Also, check the distance of your Bluetooth speakers from the device. Delay may be caused because the devices are too far from each other so that it makes it difficult to establish a strong connection. If still with delay, use an aux cable to make the connection and check if the result is still the same.
- If the first two solutions still fail to remedy the problem, reset the Bluetooth speakers if there is a default setting.
This is the most common problem encountered when using Bluetooth speakers. Before you start with the troubleshooting, check your Bluetooth-enabled device to see if its Bluetooth settings was already enabled. Next, check your Bluetooth speakers for power.
- Determine the pairing process of your Bluetooth speakers. To do this, consult the user guide of your device because speakers employ various processes. There are speakers that only need a Bluetooth button to be pressed to make a pairing. Some involve placing a code while others need to do the pairing manually using the phone.
- Enable the discoverable mode of the Bluetooth speakers. Pair the device and the speaker immediately because the discoverable mode is only good for a few minutes.
- If the connection still cannot be established, check other active devices for enabling Bluetooth settings. It is possible that the Bluetooth speakers cannot pair with your device of choice because it is already paired with another device.
- Delete other paired devices on your phone. If your Bluetooth enabled device sees the Bluetooth speakers but cannot send data to it, remove a device that you have previously paired with. In an android phone, tap a device name then choose “unpair” or choose the “forget” button when you are using an iOs setting. After which, start again with the first step.
- Stay away from likely interferers. Stay away from a Wi-Fi router that may likely interfere with the connection. Keep your distance from a USB 3.0 port because interference is still possible.
- Check compatibility between the device and the Bluetooth speakers. Consult your manual guide for this.
- Stay within the Bluetooth range. A device cannot make a connection when it is outside its connection range. To be sure, make the pairing with the two devices near to each other.