While this is supposed to be the happiest day in every woman life, weddings put a lot of a pressure on the female presence. Mostly because everyone expects you to look your best. Since all eyes are on you, the wedding dress is by far the most important statement you can make.
Shopping for the right wedding dress is supposed to be fun, but it sometimes ends up being a nightmare. While the process is rather complex, we’ve tried to narrow it down to 7 main steps that you have to follow on your wedding gown hunt.
- Choose the type of dress that you want. No matter how much a tight dress catches your eyes, you might not have the curves that you’re required to have in order to look you best. You also need to take into account the outfit of your spouse. After choosing the style, you need to pick the color of your dress. While most brides go for white, some can choose pearl or another variation. Make sure that when you’re picking out your dress, you benefit from as much natural light as possible: artificial light within a store can be deceiving.
- Take pictures when you try on dresses. You can either take some selfies in the mirror or ask the shop assistant to take them for you. When you get some, you will be able to take your time and make a proper comparison between dresses.
- There is RARELY a cheap and beautiful dress. While some affordable dresses may look adorable on the mannequin in the shop window, you will soon notice the true quality of the dress when you try it on. The real reason why some wedding dresses are cheaper is because the manufacturer compromised the quality of the fabric.
- Train or not? Choosing a dress with a train makes it easier for you to move around without people stepping on your dress all the time. However, it is true that a train will make the dress look even more elegant, so the choice is entirely up to you. Do you choose comfort over elegance?
- Last fitting. The last details and adjustments need to be done about 2-3 weeks before the wedding. Even if you buy the dress 3 months in advance, chances are that you may lose or gain some weight or you may want to add or remove certain embroideries from the model you’ve chosen.
- Wear the dress before the wedding. Sometimes brides choose astonishing wedding dress models which are not that comfortable to walk around in. on your wedding day, you need to be able to move around and dance naturally. It’s not every day that we wear long dresses, hoop skirts and dress trains, deep cleavage or corsets, so you need to make friends with your dress before the big day. Wear the dress inside your house, preferably with shoes on. Make sure that you’re not wearing any makeup when you’re trying on the dress, to avoid staining it. Also take a shower before and wear perfume, to keep the dress fresh. Sit down, stand up, do a pirouette, maybe even dance around a little, until you feel that you can make all these moves in a natural way.
- Flowers are a touch of color. Speculate as much as you can with the color potential of your wedding bouquet. It makes you stand out and it creates a beautiful contrast with your wedding dress.